- There are approximately 33 million Real Christmas Treessold in North America every year.
- Approximately 330,000 Real Christmas Trees are sold via e-commerce or catalog and shipped mail-order.
- North-American Real Christmas Trees are grown in all 50 states and Canada. Most artificial treesare manufactured in China, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
- Real Trees are a renewable, recyclable resource. Artificial trees contain non-biodegradable plastics and possible metal toxins such as lead, cadmium and organ-tins.
- Consumers can locate the nearest recycling program by logging onto realchristmastrees.org or calling 1-800-CLEANUP.
- For every Real Christmas Tree harvested, 2 to 3 seedlings are planted in its place the
following spring. In the Spring of 2001, over 73 million Real Christmas Tree seedlings were planted.
- There are about 1 million acres in production for growing Christmas Trees. Each acre provides the daily oxygen requirements of 18 people.
- There are about 15,000 Christmas Tree growers in North America, and over 100,000 people employed full or part-time in the industry.
- It can take as many as 15 years to grow a tree of average retail sale height (6 feet), but the average growing time is 7 years.
- The top Christmas Tree producing states are Oregon, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Washington and Wisconsin.
- The top selling Christmas Trees are: balsam fir, Douglas-fir, Fraser fir, noble fir, Scotch pine, Virginia pine, and white pine. Source: National Christmas Tree Association and your local Christmas Tree professional.
Beavers Christmas Tree Farm offering fresh cut Christmas Trees to Alabama.